8:00PM — $6 Tickets
Free for Comedy School students
Tickets for this show are available at the box office when doors open 10 minutes prior to show time. Cash and credit card accepted.
Two Improv teams each have 20 minutes to perform a long-form improv show using any structure. The audience votes for the winner. The winning team keeps returning to Cage Match until they are defeated. Anyone can perform on Cage Match from any theatre in town. Feel free to experiment with forms like the Armando and La Ronde. This is your chance to have fun and be creative. Cage Match is hosted by Kevin Cooley!
Scroll down to see Rules and Performer Code of Conduct.
Please complete this form if you would like to perform in cage match. We will contact you with your performance date.
Rules and Code of Conduct
• Only long-form improv.
• Time starts as soon as the group is announced.
• Ties: A tie goes to the champion and is counted as a tie. The challenging team will be booked for a rematch as soon as possible.
• No props are allowed on stage unless approved by the host first.
• Dress: We encourage performers at the Comedy Spot to wear casual clothing. Please remember to wear soft-soled, closed-toed shoes; no flip flops, sandals, or heels. Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered. No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
• We do not want to censor comedians, but we will shorten your set if it is inappropriate. Be funny. Be smart. Don’t be a hack shock comic.
• Performers should not be drunk or on drugs when performing.
• Performers should approach improvisation with respect for their fellow performers, both on stage and off, avoiding harassing or abusive conduct targeted toward an individual performer. The term “harassment” means unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, physical, or visual, that is so severe or pervasive that it unreasonably interferes with an individual’s participation in programs, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational or working environment. Inappropriate behavior should be reported to Brian Crall at email@example.com or (916) 444-3137.