Next Audition Date: April 7, 2018 – 12:00pm
Location: Sacramento Comedy Spot –1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Would you like to be an improv performer at the Sacramento Comedy Spot? It all starts with being cast on a Gordon team!
Gordon teams are made up of brand new improv performers who have just finished their improv classes (levels 101 through 301) and now have an opportunity to continue their training through regular rehearsals and performances. Gordon team members are eligible to be cast on Harold teams.
If interested, please read the following information and RSVP via the form below. We will be inviting students to join Gordon teams, and/or holding auditions, every three months.
- Performers must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, Improv 301 after successfully completing Improv 101 and Improv 201. All three of these improv classes prepare students to be Harold performers.
- Submit your name via the RSVP form.
What to Expect
- Performers should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled audition time and sign in.
- Performers will be split into teams and will be asked to perform a complete Harold: Monologue Opening, 1st-3rd Beats, and Group Scenes.
- New Gordon team performers will be announced here a few days after auditions.
- We encourage performers at the Comedy Spot to wear casual clothing.
- Please remember to wear soft soled closed toed shoes. No flip flops, sandals, or heels.
- Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered.
- No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Looking for ways to stay involved with improv at the Comedy Spot? Check out these options to keep honing your skills.
Cage Match: Weekly
Once you have your own team organized, sign-up to be part of Cage Match. It’s your team vs. some other team, and the audience decides the winner!
Improv Jam: Weekly
We wanted to give everyone an opportunity to perform in a long-form improv show, so we created Improv Jam. It’s like an open-mic night for improvisers. Performers will put their name in a hat, and we will randomly draw to see who will be performing on each team. This show is also perfect for current and former Comedy Spot students to flex their improv muscles.
Start your own team and get some help from one of our Comedy Spot improv coaches! Coaches help guide a group or team by giving positive, honest, and unbiased opinions and feedback that should lead to performers’ growth and quality shows.
1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Our Main Location – Shows Six Nights a Week
Training Center – Classes & Rehearsals Only: 915 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org | Voicemail: 916-444-3137 | @saccomedyspot