Next Audition Date: TBA
Location: Sacramento Comedy Spot –1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Would you like to be an improv performer at the Sacramento Comedy Spot? It all starts with being cast on a Gordon team.
Gordon teams are made up of brand new improv performers who have just finished their improv classes and now have an opportunity to continue their training through regular rehearsals and performances. Gordon team members are eligible to be cast on Harold teams.
If interested, please read the following information and RSVP via the form below. We will be inviting students to join Gordon teams, and/or holding auditions, every three months.
Our Gordon teams perform every Wednesday during Harold Night. Gordon team members rehearse every Wednesday with a Comedy Spot coach. Our goal is to give performers an opportunity to continue their training through regular rehearsals and performances. Gordon teams perform the Harold style of improv. Gordon team performers DO NOT PAY to be part of these teams. The Comedy Spot pays coaches to work with performers. The Comedy Spot is committed to giving our performers every opportunity to grow and improve. Gordon team members will be eligible to be cast on Harold teams.
- Performers must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, Improv 301 after successfully completing Improv 101 and Improv 201. All three of these improv classes prepare students to be Harold performers.
- Submit your name via the RSVP form.
What to Expect
- Performers should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled audition time and sign in.
- Performers will be split into teams and will be asked to perform a complete Harold: Monologue Opening, 1st-3rd Beats, and Group Scenes.
- New Gordon team performers will be announced here a few days after auditions.
- We encourage performers at the Comedy Spot to wear casual clothing.
- Please remember to wear soft soled closed toed shoes. No flip flops, sandals, or heels.
- Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered.
- No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
RSVP by filling out the form below.
Looking for ways to stay involved with improv at the Comedy Spot? Check out these options to keep honing your skills.
Cage Match: Weekly
Once you have your own team organized, sign-up to be part of Cage Match. It’s your team vs. some other team, and the audience decides the winner!
Musical Improv Workshop: Bi-monthly
Take your improv training and put it to music! In this workshop, students will be introduced to the basics of musical improv comedy. They will be familiarized with the terminology and musical theory that goes into composing songs and learn how to use that knowledge to create songs on the spot.
Mutual Scene Workshop: Quarterly
Students will learn how to work together with their scene partner to find and play a pattern and create an improv scene inspired by a single-word suggestion. This workshop stresses listening, agreement, and making bold choices in improv scenes. You will never be stuck on the back line again!
Start your own team and get some help from one of our Comedy Spot improv coaches! Coaches help guide a group or team by giving positive, honest, and unbiased opinions and feedback that should lead to performers’ growth and quality shows.
1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Our Main Location – Shows Six Nights a Week
Training Center – Classes & Rehearsals Only: 915 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org | Voicemail: 916-444-3137 | @saccomedyspot