8:00PM | Improv | $6
Free for Comedy School students
Terms & Conditions
About our shows: We have many types of shows to appeal to a wide range of comedic tastes, and some styles that may be new to you. Our improv and sketch comedy shows are more like a play or other traditional theatre experience, rather than a stand-up show or nightclub atmosphere. Improv and sketch cast members do not interact with the audience during the performance.
Before booking a large group for a performance, we encourage you to come by in advance and see a show on your own. We might even offer a free ticket for you to sample a show and be sure it is the right fit for your group.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. There are no refunds on classes or shows unless canceled or changed by the venue. Class space is limited, and reservations are final. Please provide a valid telephone number/email address at checkout so we can contact you, if needed. Should you need to transfer to another class start date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open 10-15 minutes prior to showtime. For best seating, please arrive early with your entire party.
- Tickets not picked up by showtime may be released to the public for resale.
- There is no minimum age requirement to see shows at the Comedy Spot, though our club, shows, and content are geared towards those ages 17+. Our shows should be considered PG13 or R-rated.
- Heckling or interrupting any performance at the Comedy Spot is discouraged and may be cause for removal.
We want to make sure everyone has the best experience possible at the Comedy Spot. If you have questions, special needs, or requests, please contact us at (916) 444-3137 or email@example.com to discuss concerns and potential options.
Two Improv teams each have 20 minutes to perform a long-form improv show using any structure. The audience votes for the winner. The winning team keeps returning to Cage Match until they are defeated. Anyone can perform on Cage Match from any theatre in town. Feel free to experiment with forms like the Armando and La Ronde. This is your chance to have fun and be creative. Cage Match is hosted by Kevin Cooley. Follow Cage Match on Facebook to keep tabs on upcoming matches and winners!
Scroll down for the team submission form, rules, and performer code of conduct.
Team Submission Form
Rules and Code of Conduct
- Only long-form improv.
- Time starts as soon as the group is announced.
- Ties: A tie goes to the champion and is counted as a tie. The challenging team will be booked for a rematch as soon as possible.
- No props are allowed on stage unless approved by the host first.
- Dress: We encourage performers at the Comedy Spot to wear casual clothing. Please remember to wear soft-soled, closed-toed shoes; no flip flops, sandals, or heels. Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered. No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
- We do not want to censor comedians, but we will shorten your set if it is inappropriate. Be funny. Be smart. Don’t be a hack shock comic.
- Performers should not be drunk or on drugs when performing.
- Performers should approach improvisation with respect for their fellow performers, both on stage and off, avoiding harassing or abusive conduct targeted toward an individual performer. The term “harassment” means unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, physical, or visual, that is so severe or pervasive that it unreasonably interferes with an individual’s participation in programs, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational or working environment. Inappropriate behavior should be reported to Brian Crall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 444-3137.
1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Our Main Location – Shows Six Nights a Week
Lab Annex – Classes & Rehearsals Only: 1812 J Street #9, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Us – email@example.com | Voicemail: 916-444-3137 | @saccomedyspot