We offer classes in improv, stand-up, and sketch comedy, as well as several workshops in all types of skills. If you have any questions about the Comedy School, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are a current student, visit our Student Resources page for instructor contact information, helpful links, and class handouts.
Scroll down to see class rules.
Sacramento Comedy Foundation is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion, at all levels of our organization. It provides scholarships for comedy classes at the Comedy Spot to those who have been historically underrepresented and for whom money is a barrier.
To learn more and apply, click here.
Improv Taste Test — Every Wednesday — Weekly Drop-In Class
Improv 101 — Tuesdays — July 10, 2018 to August 28, 2018
Improv 201 — Wednesdays — July 18, 2018 to September 12, 2018
Improv 301 — Tuesdays — July 10, 2018 to August 28, 2018
Improv 401 — Thursdays — July 19, 2018 to September 6, 2018
Stand-Up 101 — Mondays — July 9, 2018 to July 30, 2018
• Classes and Rehearsals Only •
915 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
• Shows 6 Nights a Week •
1050 20th St. #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
- Attend classes. Each class builds on the ones that came before it. Continued attendance is the best way to learn and develop new skills.
- Students will be required to see a select number of shows specific to their course of study while enrolled.
- Dress – Please remember to wear soft soled closed toed shoes- No flip flops, sandals, or heels. Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered. No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
- Be funny. Be Smart. Don’t be a hack shock comic.
- Students should not be drunk or on drugs when performing.
- Students should approach improvisation with respect for their fellow performers both on-stage and off, avoiding harassing or abusive conduct targeted toward an individual students. The term “harassment” means unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, physical or visual, that is so severe or pervasive that it unreasonably interferes with an individual’s participation in programs, or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive educational or working environment. Inappropriate behavior should be reported to Brian Crall at email@example.com or (916) 444-3137.
1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Our Main Location – Shows Six Nights a Week
Training Center – Classes & Rehearsals Only: 915 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org | Voicemail: 916-444-3137 | @saccomedyspot