9:00PM | Improv | FREE
We wanted to give you an opportunity to perform in a long-form improv show, so we created Improv Jam. Anyone can perform no matter where you’re from. Improv Jam is like an open-mic night for improvisers. Performers will put their name in a hat, and we will randomly draw to see who will be performing on each team. This show is also perfect for current and former Comedy Spot students to flex their improv muscles.
Players will ask for a word from the audience and use that word for as inspiration for true stories. Each group will tell four true stories, and then players will use the information from the true stories as inspiration for comedy scenes.
We strongly encourage you to watch while other teams are performing.
Scroll down to see Rules and Performer Code of Conduct.
Rules and Code of Conduct
- You must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, Improv 101 at the Comedy Spot or completed an equivalent beginning level long-form improv class to perform.
- Sign-ups start at 8:55PM and conclude when the show starts.
- No more than 24 performers.
- Dress: We encourage performers at the Comedy Spot to wear casual clothing. Please remember to wear soft-soled, closed-toed shoes; no flip flops, sandals, or heels. Wear clothing that allows you to be physical and move freely while remaining appropriately covered. No skirts, short shorts, or anything too revealing.
- We do not want to censor comedians but we will shorten your set if it is inappropriate. Be funny. Be smart. Don’t be a hack shock comic.
- Performers should not be drunk or on drugs when performing.
- Performers should approach improvisation with respect for their fellow performers, both on stage and off, avoiding harassing or abusive conduct targeted toward an individual performer. The term “harassment” means unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, physical, or visual, that is so severe or pervasive that it unreasonably interferes with an individual’s participation in programs, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational or working environment. Inappropriate behavior should be reported to Brian Crall at email@example.com or (916) 444-3137.
1050 20th Street #130, Sacramento, CA 95811
Our Main Location – Shows Six Nights a Week
Lab Annex – Classes & Rehearsals Only: 1812 J Street #9, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org | Voicemail: 916-444-3137 | @saccomedyspot