Full Schedule & Tickets | Passes | History | Printable Schedule
The Sacramento Improv Marathon is an annual event, featuring three days of improv shows. You will see your favorite headlining and featured shows, like Lady Business, Anti-Cooperation League, and Improv Fight Club. Our weird, late shows are back—Strip-prov and High-prov. And you will also see some brand-new, even weirder, experimental shows. You can buy tickets for each, or buy a pass to see the whole thing!
Stay tuned for details on the 2018 marathon!
2017 Marathon Schedule
Friday, March 31
- 8:00PM | You! The Musical | $8
- A completely improvised musical inspired by YOUR suggestion of a title. Everything in the show is made up on the spot.
- 9:00PM | Lady Business | $12
- Sacramento’s only all-female improv troupe uses true stories from the audience and cast members to create a long-form improv show.
- 10:00PM | Strip-prov | $8
- Improvisers perform with a set of rules to obey… or break… that determine how much they will be wearing by the end of the show.
- 11:00PM | Dystopian Idol & BAT | $6
- In Dystopian Idol, humble citizens compete to become your Great Leader. Your vote decides the winner! BAT is improv… in the dark!
Saturday, April 1
- 6:00PM | Twit-prov “Trivia” | $6
- What do you get when you make up trivia questions, then make up the answers, then do something Twitter, also? We’ll see!
- 7:00PM | RIOT & Help Wanted | $8
- Comedy Spot house team RIOT, and Comedy Mashup’s team Help Wanted, share the stage to give you two improv shows in one!
- 8:00PM | Super Cosmonaut & 5Play | $10
- Comedy Spot house team Super Cosmonaut shares the stage with Bay Area’s 5Play to give you two improv shows in one!
- 9:00PM Anti-Cooperation League • $12
- Anti-Cooperation League (ACL) interviews a special guest and uses the information as inspiration for improvised comedy scenes.
- 10:30PM Comedy Exchange • $8
- Stand-up comedians perform five-minute sets, and then our improvisers perform comedy scenes inspired by the comedians’ jokes.
- 11:30PM High-prov • $6
- Yep. It’s what you think it is.
Sunday, April 2
- 8:00PM | Improv Fight Club | $12
- Four improv teams compete in three rounds of a mini-improv tournament. The winner of each round is determined by text vote.
History of the Marathon
The marathon began as the 48-Hour Comedy Marathon in 2013—48 straight hours—featuring all forms of comedy. Every marathon has been amazing! When the Comedy Spot added the Sacramento Stand-Up Competition in 2016, we wanted to give improv its own weekend. So we rebranded the Comedy Marathon and now it’s the Improv Marathon!